Nitrous Oxide in Spokane Valley WA
Dental Anxiety Is Common
We understand that for some patients, dental procedures can be a source of great anxiety. Our friendly and experienced staff is here to help ease the concerns commonly associated with going to the dentist.
Nitrous Oxide (laughing gas)
- Nitrous oxide has been the primary means of sedation in dentistry for many years. Nitrous oxide is safe. The patient receives 50-70% oxygen with no less than 30% nitrous oxide.
- The patient is able to breathe on their own and remain in control of all bodily functions.
- The patient may experience mild amnesia and may fall asleep, not remembering all of what happened during their appointment.
There are many advantages to using Nitrous Oxide
- The depth of sedation can be altered at any time to increase or decrease sedation.
- There is no after effect such as a “hangover”.
- Inhalation sedation is safe with no side effects on your heart and lungs, etc.
- It works rapidly as it reaches the brain within 20 seconds. In as little as 2-3 minutes its relaxation and pain killing properties develop.
Monitoring For Your Safety
Even after your procedure, our team is committed to your recovery — we will make ourselves available to answer your questions, any time of the day.
If you live anywhere in Spokane Valley, WA, or surrounding areas and are looking for a premier dental experience, contact us for an appointment today!